View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #36
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader View Post
Since an insomniac can get the book at 3 AM regardless of time zone, I'm not sure what the publisher's concern is about the ebook being available before the pbook. One assumes those are generally two different customer types (ie, it is unlikely that most people would buy both, although I could imagine people wanting to replace older pbooks with lighter, easier to carry ebooks). Is this author popular enough to have people banging on bookstore doors to let them purchase? I think not.
Considering that her books are heavily advertised in most bookstores and seem to be featured very promenantly, I'd say that she probably is that popular.

I only know about them because my sister is a big fan and lent all the books she had (the first three) to my wife.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote