View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #70
Tugger
Connoisseur
Tugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
It might be easier if you generated .ePubs with InDesign. KindleGen can compile them and if you rename them to .zip, you can navigate them with Windows Explorer and replace files. (Don't unzip them, though.)
Exporting ePubs might also solve your unspecified font problem, and, depending on the InDesign version that you have, you might even be able to define the Go to Beginning anchor and the corresponding guide item directly in InDesign.
The font problem is described here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191385
I don't know if the ePub would have the same problem. InDesign obviously has to have font sizes in pixels. Does the export to ePub keep that or convert to ems? The Amazon export creeates a CSS file with pixels.

I have assumed perhaps wrongly that Amazon's Kindle export would be better, otherwise why did they bother to develop it. It does seem very clever with TOCs and their styles, allowing a quite different TOC design for the export. It is still in beta.

Can one really set an anchor for the start that works with ePub export? Is that true? How - or where - is this documented? (I'm using the latest version).

Apart from the font bug and the start problem (both now solved) it all works very well. I have books with lots of chapters, footnotes, hyperlinks within the book, images. And it only takes seconds to import an RTF and then enhance it.
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote