View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #275
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSuz View Post
Hello folks! I hope I'm posting this on the right place. I'm trying to clean up a bunch of older books and I'm coming across a lot of defunct java in the books, no doubt from previous conversion. Find/ Replace in calibre's conversion doesn't even recognize the code. Here's an example of what I'm seeing:

Code:
<p class="calibre1">Color-- <a href="javascript:BGColor('white')" class="calibre2">-1-</a> <a href="javascript:BGColor('lightgrey')" class="calibre2">-2-</a> <a href="javascript:BGColor('silver')" class="calibre2">-3- </a><a href="javascript:BGColor('beige')" class="calibre2">-4- </a><a href="javascript:BGColor('antiquewhite')" class="calibre2">-5- </a><a href="javascript:BGColor('navajowhite')" class="calibre2">-6-</a> <a href="javascript:BGColor('wheat')" class="calibre2">-7-</a> <a href="javascript:BGColor('burlywood')" class="calibre2">-8- </a><a href="javascript:BGColor('tan')" class="calibre2">-9-  </a></p>
It sure makes the books ugly and serves no purpose, but when I try to copy it for find/ replace calibre doesn't see it. It can find no instance of it, doesn't do anything with it, etc.

As often as I have seen this stuff in books, I'm thinking it's probably addressed somewhere here and I've missed it. I highly doubt I'm the first person to see this.

The reason I'm posting here is because I see that the Modify ePub plug-in here removes java artifacts and I was wondering if this is the right way to handle it. Am I in the right place? My experience with plug ins in calibre is pretty much non-existent.

Thanks for your trouble.

Suz
I don't think that (within a paragraphvs body) was the intent of the PI.

I use Sigil (and REGEX) when I need that level of refined cleanup.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote