View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #1707
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
I have a K3, with the newly released 3.4 firmware.

I have been experimenting with .azw3 file formats, and they are being handled mostly quite well.

However, Kindle Collections does not recognise them, or include them in my collections. As an experiment, I removed two .mobi files from my K3, used Calibre to convert them to the .azw3 format, then used Calibre to add them back to the K3.

I then used Kindle Collections to recreate my collections, and the two books were not included in the collections where they would normally be found. Scanning the K3, I am able to find and read the books, but I notice that if I try to use the Kindle Collections manual process, it thinks these books have no files.

Is there some setting required for Kindle Collections to recognise them properly?
Hi
Just FW upgrading my K3 to fw 3.4 so no experience yet.
But I think you should look at this post, in this thread, on this page :-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1697
Let us know if it's the solution.
Cheers,