View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themus View Post
1) My covers are isolated like normal books in that the text for the first chapters are right below the cover. In purchased ePubs, the covers are separate as in Aldiko.
I use CC to open my books in Moon+ Reader and any new book starts at the cover then I move on to reading and don't look back. As long as the cover thumbnails show fine in CC I'm happy.

Quote:
2) Also, what is TextView. Everytime I open one of my ePubs, there is this circle with a plus sign in it. Touching that brings up a blank dark screen with no where to go.
The only time I see this little + is when I click on an image. To advoid this I just click outside of the image or swipe to move to the next page. Clicking on the + seems to take me to a view that allows me to view all of the images in the book. If you see an all black page there is a black image somewhere on it, just hit the back button, then change the page.

Quote:
Moon+ Reader does have more options and it is growing on me. Calibre Companion is impressive.
I agree. But even if there was a manual I would probably rarely use it. It takes very little poking around to figure things out. Another plus for some folks is that they added Mobi in the last update.

My eyes are very sensitive to backlit screens and I thought E ink screens were my only option, but Moon+ Reader allows me complete control and I have found settings/themes that work for me. I love the fact that you can change and save any theme to your liking. And the swipe brightness control works wonders.

After testing many readers I removed all but Moon+ Reader so a long hold on a book in CC opens directly into the reader app without the need to select a particular app.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote