View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #251
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Credits: 0

I spent all my saved up credits last month acquiring 4 books from my wishlist (plus I bought 2 others in the 'Paperback sale'). I feel naked without credits. Oh well, a new credit will show up next week.

Back on topic, recent listens include #3 and 4 of the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency books by Alexander McCall Smith. I'm in love with the narrator, her voice is soooooooo soothing. Plus the charming stories transport me to Botswana, a mini vacation with headphones. I also listened to a sci-fi classic, Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke, very interesting perspective on an alien/human encounter. Before that there was Fool by Christopher Moore, a hilarious romp through Shakespeare's Lear et al. For variety I mixed in L.A. Requiem by Robert Crais, my first exposure to PI Elvis Cole. This was a well done thriller and I'll keep an eye out for more of these. I just finished listening to The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, a moving and beautiful story. Since I'd recommend all of these, it's been a great run of audiobooks for me so far this summer.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote