View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #242
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I really, really liked this book, and I only bought it because it was Elizabeth Moon, and then almost didn't bother to listen to it when I realized what it was about. But I was short of things to listen to right then, started it, and got totally involved and engaged. An excellent book. I don't know enough to know how accurate it is, but it was certainly highly believable and "felt right". And the story and characters were compelling, and the reader excellent. Highly recommended.
I have read somewhere that Elizabeth Moon has an autistic son, so I'd say she must know something about it first hand. I had already read the book, I got it from the library last year, but in German translation. I have been thinking about buying it in the original language ever since and was very happy to find it at Audible. The narration is very good, too.

Another book that you might like (if you don't have already read it) is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. In this case I preferred the book to the audiobook, though.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote