View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #56
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Well, this is NOT the same as my error (I had to reboot to get the port back)

Not to worry... This just says the other devices work as expected

USB connectivity is a Pair of ports, Computer and Device. It only take 1 not playing by all the rules to mess it up.

You might follow the steps above https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118560 and post (inside spoilers please) just like your Kobo was NOT detected. Maybe the driver gurus will spot something they did not anticipate
Ok, I'm going to keep trying different things to see if I can narrow this down.
I plugged Kobo in, and let window open.
I did NOT open Calibre, I wanted to see if I was able to load books directly to Kobo drive that way. Worked beautifully...

So, does that mean it is communication between Calibre and Kobo? Or should I pursue trying this USB thing? Or both?

Peter, I will do some reading based on the information you provided.

theducks, Peter, thank you again so much for being so patient and helpful. I don't know very much about "hardware" things, that's my husbands job! I like to tinker with programs for audio/video etc. So I really appreciate your patience. I like to learn more about the hardware stuff only when I need to.

I also just tried using one of the USB ports in the back, same error. I also tried using a USB 2.0 hub that we use to charge PS3 controllers, same error. So I AM going to post in the thread about Calibre not reading devices. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Thank you again.

Last edited by Blue2u; 03-31-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: add to list of 'tries'
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote