View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Coolreader Epub support: CSS and hyphenation

On my M92 (with Firmware 1.6), I love Cool Reader's ability to split the screen into two pages when reading Epubs in horizontal mode. But Cool Reader doesn't handle (German) hyphenation correctly (e.g. FPReader does!). And Cool Reader seems to ignore the stylesheets that come with an Epub.

This is the Epub I'm reading at the moment: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42471
Here, the chapter headings (<h3>-tags) are not styled at all in Cool Reader, even though I tried to change the style in the included Epubs in many ways. Especially, Cool Reader ignores "page-break-before: always;".

And hyphenation is bogus - that means that Cool Reader inserts hyphens randomly, e.g. "seinesgle-ichen", "Leh-nstuhl", "allaben-dlich", "Marqu-is", "Höflichke-it". Strangely enough some hyphens are placed correctly - though I don't know if on purpose. Anyway, in FBReader I checked more than 50 pages and couldn't find a single wrong hyphenation, especially not in those words cited above.

What's the reason for this? How is hyphenation handled in FBReader? Why does it ignore CSS? Has it been fixed already for 1.7?

Last edited by tuxor; 03-20-2012 at 06:11 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote