View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #55
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Nemo View Post
This has been my point throughout this thread. I think (and this is only my point of view before Robert Jordan kicks in again) that $2.99 is a fair price for someone who isn't Robert Jordan.
I think the point that others were trying to make -- and I know I was trying to make -- was that $2.99 is a fair price for an author whose work I am familiar with. I have bought VydorScope's books 2 and 3 at $2.99 (and expect to buy book 4), but I wouldn't have bought either book had book 1 also been $2.99. Why? Because I wouldn't have paid $2.99 for an unknown author; too many of the unkown authors write poorly and/or fail to use editors so that I am constantly barraged by hear when here is meant, who's when it should be whose, there when it should be their, you're when it should be your, etc. At most I would pay 99 cents for that first book, but even then, with all of the free books available and the limited time I have to read, I might not.

VydorScope's books are not the only ones that have followed this pattern with me. Shayne Parkinson and Tracy Falbe are two other examples. The first books were free and I tried them. I got hooked and have bought every novel they've written since at prices as high as $4.95.

So, yes, $2.99 is a fair price for an author I am familiar with; not with an author with whom I am unfamiliar and thus have no certainty that they know how to construct a sentence, let alone a paragraph and a book.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote