Thread: 903 PB 912 hands on
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
jedd
Enthusiast
jedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litter

Device: Pocketboot 360
Hi Cruzverde,

Not sure if I can add much, but I note that you've had no responses in a couple of days, which is a bit poor.

I picked up my PB912 about two weeks ago - also loving it, though I've had a PB360 for a year, and bought my other half a PB360+ a month ago - so I'm a bit biased.

I use Calibre *a little bit* .. but haven't tried the tagging system. I may try to have a go with this later, but my gut feel is that it's unlikely the PB library and the Calibre tagging system are hugely integrated (tho' I may be way out of whack with that thought).

Aside ... logic *and* christian theology?

Cover thumbnails for PDF's - were you led to believe this would work? If so - from docs, screen shots, or something else? I've never really looked for them - on the portrait layout (standard theme) I find the '4 most recent' to be really limiting, though I see you get about a dozen when you go landscape. I've adopted a cleanlook (from memory) theme on the PB360, which gives you a lot more space dedicated to recently-read-books. On the PB912 I'm just using the 'favourite' feature a bit more heavily to access books I'm currently reading. Mind, I'm generally reading, at most, about a half dozen books concurrently on the 912.

With the Japanese fonts - again, I can't really offer much insight there, but just to clarify - are you saying that it worked fine before you went to the 2.1.2 firmware? If so, drop a note to the PB guys. Alternatively, flip back to an earlier firmware rev to prove it out.
jedd is offline   Reply With Quote