View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, I have the Basic version, since that's what was available in Germany first.

But even for the Wifi version, being able to download the firmware is nice to have (what about people who don't have Wifi at home?), but currently the latest version is available over the air only. And even if you figure out the URL for where the reader is pulling the OTA updates from, it's only patches there, no full firmwares.

If I don't like a change in the Basic firmware I can always downgrade to any specific previous version using the full firmware file directly; if they stick to OTA only for Wifi then Wifi users will not have that option (easily).

Those are minor details to be sure and ideally there'd not be a reason to downgrade ever but iriver made some changes in the new firmwares that might not be to everyone's liking and there are no settings to configure things - I don't need an animated progress bar while I read thanks.

Even so I'm looking forward to the next firmware version - I hope there will be one.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote