View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
audeojude
Connoisseur
audeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshesaudeojude can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kindle 1
Performance issue with large library

I have a calibre library with just under 60,000 items in it. When adding or editing entries now it is very slow to update the database file and then refresh the screen. I am assuming that the issue is I/O in searching/updating/editing the metatdata.db file which is right at 83 megs in size.

So my question is "is there any way to move the metatdata.db file to my ssd drive while leaving the calibre library in its current location on a larger sata drive."

I am running calibre on 64bit ubuntu 11.10 with the os running from a 100 gig pcie ssd drive. All bulk storage is pushed out to standard sata drives. If the issue is I/O performance then moving the database search and updating to the smaller but much much faster ssd should speed stuff up.

If that isn't the issue and someone has a suggestion then I am all ears also

thanks
audeojude is offline   Reply With Quote