View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #42
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
Hi to all,

I have been using K2pdfopt with great results on Mac. However, I keep getting an instant crash with the following error:

fatal error: out of memory (integer overflow)
Abort trap: 6

when I try to convert the linked PDF below (these are legal and non-copyrighted, but the link expires in about 6 days from now), with the settings right to left scanning and output set at 240 dpi. Is there any way to increase the memory to allow for the output to go beyond the 167 dpi default? Many thanks

http://pds.lib.harvard.edu/pds/temp/...6962-1-246.pdf
That PDF seems to have the page size set wrong--it claims to be 69 x 91 inches, so using an output dpi of 250 causes the input dpi to be 500, which means the source bitmap size is 34500 x 45500 and consumes 1.5 GB(!) of memory. That's why it's crashing. You need to use a much smaller odpi, like say 30. Maybe I'll put in some safeguards for this in a future version. On this doc you probably also want to use the -r option to go right to left. See output (red text) below for your tip-off:

k2pdfopt v1.31 http://willus.com, (compiled 09:48:38, Oct 17 2011)

Reading 246 pages from test.pdf ...

SOURCE PAGE 1 of 246 (68.7 x 91.1 in) ... 1 new pages saved.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote