View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #35
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I still think Sugarsync has much more useful features. Right now I sync between my Scrivener Writings folder on my laptop and desktop (I probably can do something similar by placing my scrivener projects in the Dropbox folder on both computers, perhaps?) and whenever I work on my writing on my laptop, it gets synced to my desktop, and vice versa. I guess it's because I started on Sugarsync after reading about this feature, but I find Dropbox clunkier because I have to work out of the Dropbox folder rather than just designating the folders I want to sync. But Dropbox does have better compatibility with some mobile apps as I pointed out, like ebook reading apps*.. I just hope Sugarsync can catch up and keep up, because Dropbox seems like the clear popular choice!

*ETA: I figured out what the issue is with Sugarsync's app and opening files in certain readers. It's a weird bug, but basically Sugarsync defines the "Open in [Default App]" by going through the list of ebook reading apps on your phone alphabetically. So initially the default app was "iBooks" and I had the option of selecting "Open in..." and expanding the list to other apps, but only iBooks, the "default" app would open the epub file. Once iBooks has the file, Sugarsync defaulted the epub file to the next epub reading app, in alphabetical order, Kobo. at that point, Kobo could open the epub. But until Sugarsync thinks it's the "default" app rather than one of the "Open in..." list, Sugarsync won't connect to the app properly. So if I had only one epub reading app, which would be the case if Stanza weren't getting dumped permanently (I'm testing a ton of ereading apps trying to replace Stanza.. so far, not happy about my choices), there would be no problem (not that that's an excuse, the bug does need to be fixed). I have been posting on Sugarsync's forums to see if there is a fix for the issue. Probably no one wanted to read a wall of text about the issue, sorry!

Last ETA: After some back and forth on the Sugarsync forums, I've been notified that their iOS engineer has figured out the bug and it will be fixed in the next update. I'm really excited and happy about the Customer Service. I know I sound like a nutcase but I really do like Sugarsync's features and hope it does well. Dropbox is SO well-known but Sugarsync not as much, yet.

Last edited by seajewel; 10-18-2011 at 01:58 AM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote