View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #74
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Limited storage on the Kindle Fire and no memory card support made me just look away.

I hear all the stuff about "cloud" but that is not new and is not sufficient if you don't have 3G. What they are saying is that you must find a WiFi spot to be able to really utilize the Fire beyond reading or watching what you loaded into 6GB (or is it 8GB).

Cloud? Mozy has had free storage for ages. So has Google, Yahoo, and even Microsoft. You can store stuff in Gmail if you want. That is the simple way to back stuff up. Just mail it. If you need more raw storage, all these places and others have it for about the same as Amazon.
Personally I have 1/4 of a Terabyte or more from my web hosting service. (I think they just increase me, unasked.)

BUT I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO REACH ALL THESE PLACES IF THE FILE ISN'T ON THE KINDLE FIRE, AND ON THE ROAD, ON THE HILL, ON THE WATER, ETC., I CAN'T!! TO ME THAT PRECLUDES THE KINDLE FIRE AS A REAL TABLET!

The Kindle Fire is a great disappointment!!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote