View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #32
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I suppose it's possible that calibre is ignoring the content of the head tag (i.e., doesn't consider it to be part of the book "text" subject to change during the S&R of the conversion process.) If that's what's happening, then do as I suggested above. Fix the author in calibre first. Subsequent conversions as well as Save to Disk or Send to Device will then use the correct author.
Why would it ignore the contents of the head tag?

I fixed the author in calibre. It is showing the correct author in its main window under the author(s) column. I saved it to disk, where it created two additional folders and saved all the formats - epub, htmlz which I can't open, an opf file and a zip file. I saved it to my SD card (I didn't want to connect calibre to my reader to avoid another shock), let me try the card now and see what my reader shows. The html file inside the zip isn't changed; the head tag still has the incorrect author.

OK, when I open the folder in CoolReader, I see two files - the epub and the zip file. I will have to find a way to keep the subfolders to a minimum on Pocketbook; I should have selected Save to disk in a single directory. The files aren't numbered correctly, but I haven't figured out that part yet so I'm not surprised.

CoolReader shows filenames on two lines: the first one is book title, the secnd one is the file name. I've got Title by Author -Author.epub and the same thing for zip. Book name for the epub is Title by Author, and for the zip it's o1 Title.htm. I would like them to be saved as Author - # - Title.

When I open te epub, I see the cover created by calibre (btw, can I have a different cover for each fandom? what photo dimensions would I have to have in order to make my own covers? I know my way in graphic editing programs.) I still get Title by Author (the correct one), but the second line has Grzegorz again. Where is my mistake?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote