View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
Was nice to see this link and watch the CNN video review of both products. I am in general agreement with most here, that the Sony 505 is a superior unit - at least if your goal is reading books electronically and you have access to and are even modestly computer literate.

The only additions to the Sony I owuld like to see are:
(1) Ability to read Mobipocket formatted books (PRC)
(2) Ability to delete an item from the ereader directly rather than having to hook it to your computer to do so via the Connect PC software
(3)Support for every ebook format in existence.

Of lesser importance to me in an ereader:
(1) It would be nice to have access to a dictionary from time to time, but not a big deal.
(2) WiFi access to the Internet for things like Wikipaedia and downloading books would be nice.

I am sure that Sony will come out with a product somewhat like the Kindle - after all the Kindle was built based on the Sony but with more features. Either that or the Kindle will come out in the next version and be superior to its current rather clumsy appearance.

Bob
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote