View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #56
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Oh, really? I won't ask which one is your favorite, but can you name your top 5 best devices?
Most are made by Garmin but I don't have any of the latest snazy new ones. that is why my book is starting to get old. Mine are mostly handhelds while most people today seem to be after vehicle ones.

For non-mapping I like the Garmin foretrex 101 - it is simple and small.
For mapping I tend to take my Garmin iQue (I have two, a palm and a ppc) but they aren't really that rugged for hiking backpack use.

For car use I like the cobra 5" screen with traffic coverage but the PDA's do a better job except for the display. My maps are starting to get old so I need to buy new maps for to make a fair comparison. Tom Tom is a nice unit as well. I have one of those but my TomTom has a poor screen contrast for car use. Some of the new ones are better I hear.

I also have a bunch of Bluetooth units. I like my Ublox the best in that category. For fishing I like my Garmin Vista for my pocket. For mounting a boat it wouldn't be suitable.

I have a couple of Magellans. Some of their products are good and some not so good.

Like everything else there is no jack of all trades device. You can read the reviews on my web site.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote