View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa1817 View Post
How did you find that one corrupted file out of 1500? I have the same problem, about 1500 books on a new FAT32 formatted micro SD card, but my nook classic doesn't see any of them. Reset 3 times, re-formatted and re-copied, no joy. No issues with battery life, though.
If I remember correctly, I read on one of the message boards that a bad pdf file could cause the problem. I can't remember where I found this information, however. I might have found it through a Google search, since my method for solving computer/device problems is to put the problem into the search box and see what comes up. At any rate, I connected the Nook to my Mac so that I could see the files on the SD card in the Mac's Finder. I did a search for "*.pdf" (without the quotes). One of the files that came up was a book that I had converted to epub -- both the pdf and the epub were on the Nook. I deleted the pdf, and my problem was gone. I think there was also an "Unknown" folder among the list of author folders, and I figured out what author "Unknown" was supposed to be and corrected the information in Calibre and then sent it to the Nook again.

I hope some of this is helpful, and I am sorry that I can't be more specific. Good luck!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote