View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I guess the point is that, if you want to reference a book, there are perfectly satisfactory ways to do so already. For a novel, the chapter number generally suffices: "In chapter 27 of Great Expectations, Dickens says....", while for things like plays and poetry you have standard act/scene or line numbering.

I personally regard page numbers as an artifact of paper books which have no place in the eBook world. All I really want is an easy indicator of how far through a book I am, and the Gen3's "progress bar" is a perfectly satisfactory method of showing that. That's just a personal view - I know that not everyone will agree.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote