View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
SamL
I mess around with Epubs
SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: mac, ipad, nook, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggheadbooks1 View Post
Because the embed fonts was the default, I was under the impression I had to embed the fonts. When I deselected that option, those errors disappeared.

Here's the weird thing: I change the epub extension to zip, open it up using WinRar, and when I check the opf file there is code to close the date but not to open it: </dc:date> is all that appears.

So in Dreamweaver I changed it to <dc:date>2011-07</dc:date>. But when I rezip the file and change the zip extension to epub, the file no longer opens in ADE. I've also tried editing the code in Notepad, but no difference. If I do the unpack, rezip, change extension back to epub without amending the code, the epub opens again fine in ADE.

And it's that date that is all that now stands between me and a error-free epub. I could bang my head against the wall.

I usually don't embed fonts myself. Too much hassel, and half of the readers I tested on ignore the embedded fonts anyways. so I use the fon't family property in the CSS.

Last edited by SamL; 06-25-2011 at 11:27 AM.
SamL is offline   Reply With Quote