View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #153
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDuck View Post
I found a bug in the footnotes feature. When reading an epub, an asterisk (*) appeared in a lighter font. Out of curiosity, I touched it. Turns out to be a link to a foot note at the end of the chapter. The page forwarded to the page displaying the footnote...and a back touchbutton appeared at the top of the screen, presumably it would return to the page you touched the (*) from. Neat! In my instance the footnote spanned multiple pages.

HERE IS THE BUG:

When I page forwarded to read rest of the foot note the "Back" touch button disappeared. A pageback did not return it, so I was basically left at the end of the chapter. I had to repeatedly pageback hunting for the departure point (*).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem
Properly authored ebooks should have 'back' links coded into the footnote label to take you back to where the footnote is referenced (assuming there is a 1-1 correspondence between references and the footnote). At least most books i've used that have footnotes do this. Did you try touching the footnote label?
That said, there's a bug here. There is a Back button on the Go To popup menu, but it doesn't always capture the hyperlink jumps. I navigated a link, went next page, Back button at top disappeared, but the Back on Go To menu took me to a previous reading position where I had clicked on a link there. It's kind of a bad one. workaround is to set bookmarks before each jump, I suppose, but ick.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-18-2011 at 02:51 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote