View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Ignore that Windows can't find the "Android" folder.

What all of you are probably missing is the following. Once the cable is connected on both ends, the eDGe will display a USB notification in the Notification Bar on the LCD side. Tap and drag the notification bar to the bottom of the screen to open it, then tap the USB Connection notification. This will pop up a dialog with information - read carefully, then tap "Mount". At this point the connection should be complete.

NOTE: Before disconnecting the cable, first "safely eject" the connection on the PC side, then use the same USB notification on the eDGe to "Unmount". This is necessary to prevent file and storage corruption on the eDGe.
Huh. Missed that. I think I missed that, because that notification display won't stay scrolled down when it is dragged down, so I pegged that as an information display, not an area for input. So, we have to drag it all the way open then bang on the mesage before it unscrolls itself closed.

After mastering that bit of gymnastics the edge USB connection is now working with Linux and Vista.

It appears to work with only the internal memory? That is most inconvenient. It should work with the SD card too. My personal laptops are fine, but the one I have to use in the office doesn't support SDHC. Without USB working to load the SDHC card I'll have to dig up an SDHC adapter for the office laptop.