View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I thought that I had deleted all copies of the book before downloading the book again. The way I deleted the book from the Sony was from the Sony itself. With the book open, I pressed options and selected delete book. When I checked in Calibre, the book did not show up on the Sony device. Having already downloaded the book from the library, I went to the directory where ADE stored the book and clicked on "Add Book" in Calibre. Then I clicked on "Transfer to Device." The newly transferred book showed up as protected and I was unable to read it. So I deleted it again and opened ADE which I had used to download the book. I checked the Sony reader and no book by that name showed on the reader. So I dragged the book from the ADE library to the Sony reader and got the warning that book already existed on the Sony and did I want to replace it. Selecting to replace the book solved the DRM warning problem. Apparently, when deleting a library book from the Sony, some sort of data remains on the Sony. ADE recognizes this and offers to replace that data with the new file. Calibre does not do that. I'd prefer to use one application to handle all my books, both borrowed and purchased. At this time, Calibre does not provide a way to directly download a library book. I am forced to use ADE. However, I would still prefer to import the book into Calibre and use it to transfer to my Sony. That way, even though there is an extra step, I can still open Calibre to review my book holdings. I can import the book into Calibre, just not transfer it to the reader because of the DRM problem. That's sort of a convoluted way to handle a library book, but I guess I'm stuck with that until Calibre (or Sony) improves the software.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dave W
Short answer, since there are strict (and appropriate) limits to what we can say about DRM in this forum. Google Apprentice Alf. There's a plug in that should help with your problem.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote