View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #59
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
BD is a very "unique" piece of software which is great in some ways, and utterly infuriating in other ways. Once you get used to it, it's fantastic, but it takes a lot of experience with it to learn all its peculiarities.

I think it's a wonderful program which is why I stick with it, but it definitely "breaks the rules" in all sorts of ways; it has a very steep "learning curve".
You can say that again, Harry! Versatile, powerful, etc. I'm sure I don't know even 1% of its capabilities and I mean that literally. But the learning curve is so steep that each time I try something simple I am bludgeoned to death with multiple baseball (or cricket) bats as I try to head up that hill. I was thinking of making a short list of "don'ts" to post but the list is too long and too confusing (most of the time I don't know why it does what it does). I am so very glad that this is not something I have to use every day to make a living. Most of all, I want to say thank you, Harry, for all your very good advice on its use. I would have quit trying long ago without it.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote