View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Here are a couple of hints which I have found useful with emdashes if (for any reason) the book cleaner files aren't working.
1. Edit your text in your word processor.
2. Use 'find and replace' to replace emdashes with # or@.
3. Drop the text into BD.
4. Use 'find and replace' to replace # or @ with a long dash.
This only takes a few minutes and I think that the result is worth doing.
I used to do it all the time until Jon perfected the book cleaner files.
That's an excellent suggestion, Patricia!

Quote:
Another hint.
After making the Sony Reader/Palm/Reb book, always remember to save the BD file. This means that you can go back and make corrections later. Either select 'Book Designer' on the make books tab (which is what I do) or move your 'last file' into the BD folder.
To clarify that last point, in order to save your work you need to copy the "LastFile" folder out out of the BD folder. BD overwrites it whenever you load a different book. What I do myself is to copy the entire "LastFile" folder into the folder containing the source files for the book I'm workin on (I have one folder per book). When I next want to work on the book, I just go to the "LastFile" folder and double click the ".html0" file.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote