View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #108
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qinbill View Post
The k3g create update will fail at copy_new_files.

I tested it. It fail mostly at processing this part:

cp -a /bin /etc /lib /linuxrc /opt /sbin /test /usr ${ROOT}/

After I split this command.

I notice that when cp /usr ${ROOT}. It will fail. I guess it is because this directory is too big. 370Mb.

Right Now I generated rootfs.img file from k3g using the scripts of prepare kindle. I am trying to generate update package from my linux laptop.
Yes, this is a bug that is discussed in the last few pages. I don't have time to work on this right now, but when I get time, I'll try to use rsync or something.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote