View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #108
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Sorry, can't understand.
As I understand, tags are extracted before selecting which documents will be shown, not the other way.
The current code first selects information from the database, based on tags.
The sql statement is something like: SELECT name, size, author, etc WHERE tag LIKE %book%. So the tags are not extracted, but used to select a subset of the documents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
What about a list of ("operation", "tag") dropboxes inside a scrolled vbox:
<cut>
Problems with this design:
- disambiguation "(tag1 & tag2) | tag3" or "tag1 & (tag2 | tag3)"?
- list (and dialog) could grow too much => use a scrolledwindow for the verticalbox
Why would you want such complex selections of tags? I was thinking of adding '(A&B)|(C&D)' and '(A|B)&(C|D)' where D can be unused. The 4 functions would then be enough.
I will have an extra look at your proposal, but my gtk programming skills are limited...
I will experiment a little more with this interface to see if it is usefull for me. The biggest problem then is adding tags to documents. The current interface only support modifying one document at a time. Maybe I need to create something like the Delete functionality for Properties/Tags?
An alternative is to make a tool for the DR with export functionality that allows extraction of all current tags into a file that can be modified on a PC. The import functionality of the tool would update all tags from the file in the DR.

Thanks for the feedback.
Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote