View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
steelcommuter
steelcommuter began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Video out / external display options in the future?

I am an English teacher whose high school students are part of a medical/vocational pathway, and with some grant money I recently purchased a Nook Color. My intention is to explore the Nook Color as a research and reading tool in the classroom, and possibly use it to show pages of nonfiction/fiction books and video segments on my project.

I have called and e-mailed several Barnes and Noble representatives, to no avail, to answer a simple question. Will the Nook Color receive some accessory that will allow a teacher to export the display to an external source, such as an LCD projector? My two emails to customer services received responses that were laughably unrelated to the question. One told me the website for Nook Color accessories (yeah, because I can't find that myself ) and the other had no connection at all to my query. I have spoken to 4 BN employees who were gracious but did not know the answer to my question.

I don't think anyone here necessarily has the inside scoop (if you do let me know) but are there any other NC users who would like an video out accessory? Any other educators here who are using the NC in their classroom? Please share
steelcommuter is offline   Reply With Quote