View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #12
tobiasj
surrounded by books
tobiasj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, PRS-500, PRS-505, Rocket e-book
Talking

You know, the whole feels more like a book thing is exactly what has kept me from getting a Kindle.
I like everything else about it (in an "on paper" way) I like the idea of a keyboard, but I don't actually like the Kindle's and really unless your using it, it is in the way. I like the idea of wireless connectivity and the ability to never use a computer to add books, but I don't like the battery life cost. I love the lower cost of books and the selection on amazon, but it is still (to ME, this is ONLY an opinion) the ugliest piece of consumer electronics I have seen in years, possibly decades...

When I am reading my 500 it really does become a book. The sedate grey/blue color fades out and since it is almost all screen you really don't get distracted by the bordering metal case. I can only imaging the loud busy kindle surrounding the screen would really distract me and having the couple inches of keyboard hanging off the bottom all the time would bother me. I guess I would really need to hold one and try reading on it before I was sure, but since I don't know anyone who has one, that probably isn't going to happen.

-John
tobiasj is offline   Reply With Quote