View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #49
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The problem with that layout is, imagine you are a common calibre users who has 0, 1 or 2 custom columns, that would mean all the space on the right is wasted and you have to unnecessarily switch tabs to edit the cover/comments/formats.

The default layout of that dialog will always make it most convenient to edit the basic metadata.
I'm not against change, but I'm one of those common calibre users.

I love the dialog as it stands, being able to access all basic data in one shot. Most of the time I touch all three panes (metadata, cover and comments) when setting/adding a book. Moving to Chaley's scheme as the default would significantly get in the way.

If possible an option checkbox like the narrow wide feature might be an alternative.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote