View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Wow! I am looking at the database changes for the WIFI kobo and WOW. It is a wonder Calibre still works with it. I am about to do a full review and determine what changes if any should be made but here are some changes:

The sqlite database does not include the books and is approximately 5 megs.

The kobo 100 free books and the new kobo books synced from your account are now encrypted epubs.

The database now simply handles the pointers to the epubs, images, etc.

This is a huge change because it means that I can fairly easily implement the ability to export the epubs to your Calibre library (encrypted of course). The 100 delivered books (any any of the books synced from the kobo store) can now be backed up.

I will update as I see more. This change now makes sense when I look what I posted here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=37 about the iPhone app.

Stay tuned...

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote