View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 03:52 AM   #189
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDP View Post
I've had the opposite experience. Just last week I purchased a book from B&N using a US physical address and downloaded to a Canadian IP address. The credit card is actually Canadian, but I put a bogus US address as the billing address because it told me I couldn't buy it outside the US. I just finished reading the book, so I'd say it worked.
Because a small number of books at B&N are available for Canada, Canadian IP addresses are allowed. That is why people from Canada only need an US address, not an VPN.

The geo-restrictions are only active when buying books. You can download books that have been bought anywhere in the world (this is clearly stated in the Nook manual and the support FAQ).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote