Thread: N00b questions
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
Hunter42
Hunter42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Asus PDA
Just to give you my first impression:

My reading experience with the Iliad is just great! I have not used another ebook reader before. I bought the Iliad only after having another guy (Kaipora , thx again :-) showing me his v1 Iliad. And now I must say: Its exactly as I expected. I transfer PDF-Files (tryied up to 8 MB) to the device (mostly text books) via USB from my PC without any trouble. They open faster than on my PDA, and definitly fasft enough for me. The reading experience is like reading a book. I can confirm, that turning a page on a real book sometimes takes longer than on the iliad (dont know with grafics intensive files). I have read like in 10 different books know, all worked great.
I do not use landscape mode, and I did not reformat the PDF files. All I do is zooming into the PDF (which works without any problem). Sometimes I zoom only half the page and go into continuous mode, which shows me after switching the page the next part of the text.

Font size depends on the zoom of course(btw, your annotations are zoomed also).

Hope that helps !

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
I am contemplating purchasing Illiad.

The main and probably the only reason is reading PDF files related to IT.

I know that battery life is about 10h of reading.

The question is how would you estimate your experience in reading pdfs on Illiad?
Any Sony Reader users - is it comparable to a satisfactory level of reading RTF/LRF files on sony reader?

I know the screen is bigger, yet...you have to read it in landscape mode, correct? Is it enough to display A4 pdfs? How long does it take to turn a page? How big are letters? If you compare to (sorry about it) Sony Reader LRF file made in BD. What is the font size? Similar to at least 10 or it is much smaller?

Thanks a lot.
Astra.
Hunter42 is offline   Reply With Quote