View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 05:09 PM   #108
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@ graycyn --- another good source for free illustrations is https://pixabay.com/
their "PRO" images have a fee, but they have a pretty good selection for free as well.

You need to set up a free account to download more than a very limited quantity daily, but well worth the trouble --- they have line art and other digital art, as well as photos, which sometimes are preferable. (And lots of clip-art, if you ever need that)
Many thanks! I'm aiming to *try* and get images close to the actual horse described in each book and with a western look, but that's not always possible.

It's a case of compromise for sure, as the horse described isn't always a common color, for example, Blaze Face, who is supposedly coal black with a nearly white head (technically more than a blaze). Such color can certainly exist, but would be unusual with no other white on the horse's body! I found a workable image of a dark bay with a large blaze, and given that black horses can look a little rusty (with a fair amount of brown showing) when on the range and exposed to lots of sun, it'll do unless I find better.

I might even be willing occasionally to do a fee, if it's not large, for the just right image, but free is better, since I've already got money in the print books.

Line art could be helpful as well!

I'm very excited about being able to contribute somewhat to the MR library. Your books have inspired me, and I hope you don't mind that I borrowed somewhat in style for the "about this book" page. I meant to PM you about that, but I'm old, busy, have foster formerly feral kittens distracting me, and just plain forgot.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote