View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 12:39 AM   #236
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Speaking of waterproof, can anyone recommend a Bluetooth shower speaker? I'm not terribly concerned with the sound quality or any bells and whistles.
I bought the one below a few years ago and I've been very happy with it. I don't know if the company still makes it, or if the company is even around anymore. I bought it for our hot tub, since you can totally submerse it (not just splash it). Not that you'd ever do that on purpose, but around a hot tub things can happen. The only (minor) downside to it is the control buttons are not really distinct. You can find them by feel (barely), but then to know which one is which you better have memorized what order they are in. This isn't a problem for me, but I can see how some people might get confused in a situation where they could not see the buttons (like in the shower with shampoo in your hair and your eyes closed!) On the plus side, the speaker has a microSD slot so you can load up one of those little memory cards and keep it in the speaker for the times when you want music, but don't have your phone around to bluetooth pair with it. The speaker is metal framed and rubber coated.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A.../outeraudio-20

Large picture here (you can see what I mean about the buttons being non-distinct):

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

Another one I considered buying based on research is the JBL Charge 3. It costs three times as much as the Sharkk above though. And if you look at pictures of the JBL, it's buttons seem even more non-distinct. But it gets good ratings. I would probably go with one of the smaller ones for shower use - like something from the JBL Clip series. Unless you live in a mansion, there just isn't much space in a shower for you to need gigantic sound. The Charge 3 might be overkill. The Sharkk model above sounds great, and since it's not expensive, would be a fine choice for a shower IMHO.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote