View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #64
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
And I think I'm on a Little Women kick, as I've also just finished reading this year's book about it, March Sisters. I liked Meg, Jo, Beth, Amy quite a lot; the analysis of LMA's life and the importance of LW was penetrating, although I think perhaps too much time was spent discussing various adaptations which was ultimately not that illuminating. Clearly I need to see the latest film.
I am bingeing on Little Women because of the new movie, which shakes up the story while being faithful to it. It's wonderful.

So far I've watched five earlier films/TV adaptations (amazed to realize that the 1933 and 1949 versions used the same script and musical score, and neither included Amy burning Jo's stories and falling through the ice!). Now I'm reading The Other Alcott by Elise Hooper--a novel about May Alcott, the model for Amy March. Which I plan to follow up with March by Geraldine Brooks, about Papa March.

After all that, I'll either be sick of all things LW or ready to dive into Meg, Jo, Beth, Amy and The March Sisters!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote