View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 AM   #28
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Freda v2 released

The new version (2.0) of Freda is now available on the marketplace.

I've added a bunch of fixes and small changes, but the main one is getting rid of the 'pivot' control for the main page. Now you just have bunch of stacked panels, one above the other - each panel can be 'expanded' by tapping on its '+' button, or 'collapsed' by tapping again on that button. The panels also have (at their right hand end) a 'maximise' button to let you switch to a full screen view.

The first panel is your bookshelf (i.e. recently opened books), and the other panels correspond to all the various sources of books that Freda knows about.

To add, remove, move or edit sources, tap the '...' menu selector, or long-tap on one the the panel headers. You can also 'hide' sources, which can help keep the screen tidier.

I've also added an image viewer (long-tap on an image in a book, and you will be able to pan/zoom around it). Other features (e.g. preventing the phone turning itself off, adding a simpler settings screen) you will find by looking on the settings screen.

Comments (in forum, or by email to jim@turnipsoft.co.uk) are welcome.

Cheers,

Jim

Last edited by Jim Chapman; 08-01-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote