View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #120
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've always been puzzled by the "... they couldn't pay me to read" thing. Is the OP seriously saying that he wouldn't spend a few hours reading a book he didn't enjoy if, as a result of doing so, he was paid a large enough sum of money to live in luxury for the rest of his life? I'd go for it like a shot, personally!
I suggest that it's more of an expression than an absolute. I'll often be found saying "I'd rather slit my own throat" or variations on that theme when asked if I watched a particular programme on TV. With perhaps the exception of Jeremy Clarkson, I'm only joking .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote