View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #26
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
And, on top of THAT, even if you buy the stupid extended warranty, you still have to pay the $59 to have your battery replaced if you have a problem.

Gotta tell you, DG .... some people out there don't seem to have all that much common sense.
Okay, first of all, not true... the 2nd year of the extended warranty would cover a battery replacement. So yes, $64 for what would otherwise be a $59 replacement.

Secondly, the main value of the extended warranty is 2-year replacement in case of accident, like dropping it or sitting on it or whatnot (once). Is that worth $64? Well, that comes out to about an expectation of an 18% chance of breaking it in 2 years. I also expect to replace my Kindle 2 with a Kindle 3 in the next 2-5 years. So it makes sense for me to get the extended warranty in the meantime so I don't have to pay for a Kindle 2 twice in that time period.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote