View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #45
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
This forum is about MODERN e-readers, most of which have been around less than several years (as opposed to ancient tech devices....).
It is very nice of you to tell us what this forum is about.
This forum was established before the first e-ink readers appeared.
The forum was established on in 2002, the first e-ink reader - Sony Librié was released on April 2004
Quote:
Got an old, floppy-based IBM PC ? It'll display ebooks as plain text sure enough...
My first dedicated e-book reader was an old notebook with 486 processor, greyscale LCD display, with burned-out harddisk, so I had to read books from a system floppy, with a small DOS-only text viewer and one book in plain text file.
My first handheld I used as a dedicated e-book reader had slot for memory card size of the full-sized PCMCIA card (about 85x55x6mm). And it still works.
Quote:
Using an old palmtop device does NOT compare to an e-reader because they were NOT made as E-readers !
Well, my first handheld for e-books was Cassiopeia A-11, manufactured in 1997. Its display is 5.25 inch non-backlit greyscale LCD display. A little bit improved brother of this old display is still used in JetBooks.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote