View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #38
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Some people will clearly value the peace of mind that they get from buying insurance cover, which is something that only they can judge the value of, I guess.

From the view of whether it's a good investment, however, I rarely think that it is for electronics, especially solid state. Most such equipment has a failure rate that peaks early, and then after a long time (depending on the life time of the various parts). If you get a 1 year warranty in any case, this covers most failures that are likely to happen until - for high tech items - the product will be well out of date. So I never buy such cover.

Having said that, I did have a laptop drive fail just out of warranty. On the plus side, now I've got a Mac
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote