View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #36
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Talking Precisely so-> I don't give a HOOT about the companies !

And they have been a VERY good deal for me when I've chosen one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Financially, they are still a very good deal for the companies selling them, and therefore must be a bad deal (purely financially) for those buying them.
For sure, they have:
Quote:
The products may have become more likely to break, but that in case the prices charged for the insurance will also have risen.
And the extended warranty prices are STILL low and attractive OR they would not be bought by me at all.

I showed very clearly above how financially these have benefitted me:
Quote:
And that is a perfectly good reason to buy them, just note a purely financial one.
BOTH for small electronic goods AND other things.
That you have strong, personal feelings about this subject does not diminish how these things have paid out for me, personally.

100% agreed:
Quote:
Peace of mind is something that has to be valued by each person individually, and can't be reduced to a simple dollar figure.
And for this $-poor old guy peace of mind INCLUDES knowing that reading for pleasure and enrichment (which has been a BIG part of my daily life for almost 50 years now...) will NOT be dis-enhanced by some cheaply made tech gear which costs enough that if/when it quits for any/no reason I may not have enough $ to 'just buy a new one'.

I don't have to worry about it. At all. Period.

And for $20.99/3 years on an E-ink reader which has a high probability of lasting that long...EVEN if I never get a pay-out I will be happy I got it JUST for the peace of mind.

Add to that the other thread concerned with the lack of proper labeling possibly indicating something wrong right from the get-go; suspenders AND a belt seem in order here.

Best Wishes,

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote