View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 10:14 PM   #77
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Updated my Glowlight 3 to 50.0.117. Negative first: The database is broken, so when I eject the device all the books are there but it's all scrambeled. When I try to open my current book, it seems to pick one at random. But when I find my current book, it opens to the correct location. My Glowlight's been that way for a long time, so it isn't new behavior. It seems to be my Glowlight. At least, I haven't heard others complain about it.

Now on to the positive: Man is it faster! It's faster when browsing my library and faster when searching. The Glowlight 3 is as fast or faster than my Clara and my 2015 Plus running 50.0.118.

Also, while the database is screwy, I don't have to wait ten minutes after ejecting for the Glowlight to settle in.

My 3 was running 49.something before I updated. Overall, the update is a massive improvement. The Plus has always been stable, but the 3 is so much better than it was.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 11-25-2019 at 10:22 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote