View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
That helps immensely, thank you
That sounds like it might be worth taking a flyer on a really good used version
One other thing I'll point out. You seem to be very picky about the front lighting. I can say that none of my Nooks (a couple of Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus 2015 and Glowlight 3) have any lighting issues at all. In general, Nook screens are beauties (well, as beautiful as an e-ink screen can get).

Early models of the new Glowlight Plus had a single dead pixel, but I think they've fixed that.

Having said all that, Nook software is very barebones. No custom fonts unless you embed them in the book yourself. Limited options compared to Kobo. And half of the home screen is links to the store.

I do think they do a very good job on book layout though. Often the epub on my Nook will look slightly better than the kepub layout on my Kobo, so it's not all bad.

Spend some time with a Nook in store. Make sure you're okay with the software.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote