View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Do the buttons on the glowlight 3 ever soften up over time and with usage?

In comparing it with a 7.8 GLP, I noticed that the buttons were way louder and much more clicky (annoyingly so) on the Store demo model
Perhaps it is due to my brutish nature, but the buttons on the 3 feel fine to me. I have not yet seen the 2019 Plus, so I can't compare the two. Also, I had no issues with the buttons on the Nook ST, which some hated. So my words may be of no help.

If clicky buttons are a concern, I would recommend you at least try a Kobo Clara. Yes, there are no buttons (and yes, we have no bananas). But you can change the area of the screen you touch to turn the page, so the entire bottom of the screen is next and the top is previous. That is very similar to how I had the buttons set on my Nook ST and Glowlight 3. I can read with either hand and turn the page.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote