View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #19
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Shortly after joining the forum I read a move to a different package was planned - Xenforo I think.

“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” - Burns

BR
I would guess that transferring the existing database to the Xenforo one would be "non-trivial" as they say.

And Xenforo is yet another PHP + MySQL setup, both of which I despise. I've never surveyed the field but I'd think that Python and PostgreSQL might be a viable choice.

On the other hand these vBulletin forums are ubiquitous so the design can't be as bad as I'd like to think it is.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote