View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Power switch repair = $90

I just got a call from Sony's Laredo TX repair center. They want $90 to fix the power switch on my recently out-of-warranty PRS-505. Ouch!

My slider switch spring broke or came unhooked and it no longer functioned to put it in or out of sleep. I tried a workaround for a week of disabling sleep mode so the book never turned 'off.' If it breaks again I guess I'll open the sucker up myself to inker. $50 sounds more reasonable, given 15 minutes of a repair tech's time, what must be $2 in parts cost, and shipping it back to me.

Heavy sigh. But I figured you guys would want to know.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote