View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #23
JimStar
Enthusiast
JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kyobo eReader, Sony PRS-950, PocketBook Pro 902, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobzombi View Post
I just like the idea of the color screen with similar benefits as e-ink.
Don't forget that not only "color" is a benefit, but a lot better refresh speed too - display is not as fast as TFT (I don't know, perhaps it is a slower graphic controller, not display itself), but it is full interactive and even enough to play video... I would be satisfied with black-white eInk browsing - but I tried to use my Sony 950 to browse internet and that is a PAIN as refresh rate of display is terrible for that use, you can't use browser in interactive mode...
And in Mirasol - energy consuming better than eInk, plus display refresh speed and color (and no "ghost-images" after refresh). And only one drawback with this more dark background than in eInk... But as I already wrote, I believe they will fix it in later versions, I very hope it... As the technology itself is very cool...
JimStar is offline   Reply With Quote